School Counsellor of the Year
Award for Outstanding Practise
NNomination Deadline: Oct. 19, 20188
To recognize the work of exceptional school counsellors in Newfoundland and Labrador, and their personal and professional commitment to the profession.
Criteria for Eligibility
The nominee must:
- Be a current NLCPA member in good standing;
- Be a school counsellor who is assigned a minimum of a 50% counselling position;
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of counselling experience;
- Demonstrate strengths in guidance/counselling competency and practice;
- Be an advocate for school counselling within the school and wider community, including local, provincial, and/or national levels;
- Demonstrate professional development involvement;
- Demonstrate professional leadership in guidance/counselling and in their school, community, through initiatives, projects, and programs;
- Have other experiences, honours, and/or recognitions that support eligibility.